Help me see with eyes of faith. Give me strength to run this race. i will go Lord, where Your glory is unknown, i will live for You alone. i will go because my life is not my own. i will go...

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Time after Time

This is something that my friend Michael wrote. He is serving in the North Africa & Middle East region of the world. I'm always encouraged by his experiences and what the Lord is teaching him. I was convicted after I read this because it resonated true within my own heart.


"Time after Time" by M. M.

How many times will I say I am sorry,
to return to my same old ways day after day.

How many times will you ask me to stand,
only to remain in silence again and again.

How many times will you show me your beauty and glory all around,
only to pass through the day never seeing your splendor that abounds.

Awaken your Spirit that lives in me,
that I might exist as the servant you desire me to be.

How many times will I gaze upon your faithfulness,
only to doubt moment after moment.

How many times will I taste your goodness,
only to seek after the things you hate minute after minute.

How many times will you demonstrate your love for me,
only to walk as one who cannot see.

Turn my affections to thee,
that I might live in the grace that sets me free.

No comments: