Help me see with eyes of faith. Give me strength to run this race. i will go Lord, where Your glory is unknown, i will live for You alone. i will go because my life is not my own. i will go...

Monday, September 29, 2008

Bienvenido Caleb Andres

First Night at the Hospital ~ 2 hours old

On Wednesday, September 24th, 2008 we welcomed baby Caleb Andres (pronounced Kah-leb), into the world!!! He is a healthy little boy, with all his fingers and toes, and just as cute as he can be! I'm going to have to guess on what time he was actually delivered....I'll say between 6:10-6:15 p.m. When a baby is delivered in the maternity ward, they push a buzzer which makes a sound something between a door bell and the firehouse alarm to indicate a new baby has been born. Five of these alarm sounds went off during that time period!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was given the privilege of naming him! (Don't worry...I haven't promised my life away, or committed to being his "godmother") I was a little uncertain about this, but after being told on several occasions that he would have no name until I decided, I gave in! Yolima had told me several times before that she like my brother's name, Caleb Andres (Caleb Andrew in English) so after triple-checking that she really like it...he now has a name! And a great one at that! :)
He is precious!

Thank you so much for your prayers for Yolima! I am very happy to report that her surgery went well and she is recovering with relatively little pain (which is an absolute miracle!) Please continue to lift her up, as she is recovering back in her little "house" pretty much by herself. Thankfully she has a very kind neighbor who has been bringing her meals every day, and she was able to leave the older children with their godmother for a few weeks. This is an added blessing! The father (Robinson) has showed up for 10 minute periods here and there, but has been pretty absent during the whole process. Please pray for his heart, that the Lord would draw him back into the Word and that he would be the husband and father the Lord desires him to be.
First Smile captured on camera!!

Let me tell ya....we are extremely BLESSED to have the kind of medical care we receive in the States. The clinic where Yolima was at is for the women who are extremely poor...that being said, they make their patients bring their own SHEETS for their beds, and even asked for other odd items like the nylon that's going to be used in the surgery! I was in shock. Americans are rich whether we think we are or not.

Thank you again for your faithful prayers!!

1 comment:

Florida Girl said...

You can just pack him up and send him to me -- I will prepare his room. :) He is just precious. His name is perfect and of course they picked just the right heart to name him.

I think of you and pray for you often. ♥