Help me see with eyes of faith. Give me strength to run this race. i will go Lord, where Your glory is unknown, i will live for You alone. i will go because my life is not my own. i will go...

Monday, June 30, 2008

I will fight for you...

At one time or another, we all have had "that" person or "that" situation in our life that tests our ability to obey God's command to "love one another." We've all faced times of testing and trial. Situations that bring us to our knees in prayer.

Have you ever had one of those days where your flesh so desperately wants to "fight" for you. To defend yourself, your good name. To make sure the truth is out in the open?

There are times when we do need to speak up, but there are also times when we need sit down and be quiet! What a dilemma!

Who is our God...He is the Creator of Truth. He is the utter definition of Truth. In the past few months the Lord has so specifically spoken to me about this....He has told me time and time again, "I will fight for you!" Somehow, amidst the shouts in my head that wanted to fight for myself...I knew I needed to step back, and completely trust the Lord.

The passage in Exodus 14:13-14 has always challenged me. Moses was speaking to the army of Israel & he told them, "Do not be afraid, stand firm & you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today...The Lord will fight for you; you need only be still." In the midst of these hard situations, the Lord kept reminding me that He would bring the Truth to the forefront...He would fight for me....I need only be still.

(Something else that's cool about this passage...the army of Israel was being pursued by the Egyptians. After Moses spoke these words of encouragement, the angel of the Lord who had been traveling in front of Israels army, withdrew and went behind them. The pillar of cloud also moved, and stood between the armies of Israel and their enemies, the Egyptians. The Lord formed a wall of protection, a barrier that the enemy was not able to cross. How cool is that!)

There have been days when I just cried out to the Lord. His response was, "be still." This was NOT easy for me at all! There were days when I just wanted to stand up, and take action. I wanted to defend myself. And again He responded, "be still." This was something I just couldn't understand. I knew what the Lord was asking of me, it just didn't seem to match with what my plan of action would look like. haha. To be still, to humble myself...it's not always as easy as it sounds. But it's what God was asking of me.

This week, I saw why I needed to be still in this situation. I could have never done for myself what the Lord has done for me. (haha, you're thinking, "Well yeah, that's obvious!") The Lord chooses how He wants to use us and how He's going to make an impact through us. He is always fighting for us and wants us to just stop, listen, and wait for Him to move.

I was so encouraged by this passage:
"I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:9-10

He has not forgotten about me...He chose me & He has protected me! He has again displayed His amazing love and faithfulness to me. How can I ever doubt that He knows what's "best" for me, and that He will uphold me through the storm. Thank you sweet Father, for teaching me once again how to put my Trust in You. You are so faithful!

No comments: