Help me see with eyes of faith. Give me strength to run this race. i will go Lord, where Your glory is unknown, i will live for You alone. i will go because my life is not my own. i will go...

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thrive in the Lord

(View of Centro, the "Walled City," from the Bay)

Hey ya'll....tonight I'm pretty tired, but I've had a lot on my heart lately. I said goodbye to my parents on Wednesday and walked home from the airport (haha, that's right...I live in walking distance!) I was thinking a lot about my life here in Colombia. Some of you know that serving here in Colombia is not always easy...I work for 3 different teams, therefore I have 3 different strategies to learn and 3 different "bosses," etc....you can get the picture how this, at times, can be pretty stressful, lol! I have a clear calling by the Lord and confirmation through His Word that this IS exactly where He wants me to be and serve right now. Walking home I was thinking about how "i" can't do this on my own...then the Holy Spirit reminded me,


"You are not alone."


My good God did not call me somewhere to then leave me! He called me and is walking beside me.

He is my Protector, Joy, Strength, Love, Encourager, Giver, Sustainer, Ever Faithful, All-Knowing and All-Wise God...the God in whom I desire to delight in!

He's always been by my side, it's just some days I choose to look within myself to make it, try to muster up enough strength to have a good attitude and push past the hard parts...instead of turning to the One who desires to be my partner in this. Thankfully, I don't get super stressed out about stuff & usually it rolls off my shoulders...but the Lord convicted me that I was simply "existing" on my own strength. He has showed me these last few days that He has so much more for me & for this time here in Colombia. He wants me to THRIVE in Him. He has a plan that is so much better than what my small mind can grasp. He is simply asking me to look to Him...to let Him guide me, encourage me, give me strength....daily! :) I know this in my head, but I need to put it to action! Please pray that I would daily walk in His presence & find my strength in Him alone.

"Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; love and faithfulness go before you. Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O Lord. They rejoice in your name all day long; they exult in your righteousness. For you are their glory and strength, and by your favor you exalt our horn. Indeed, our shield belongs to the Lord, our King, to the Holy One of Israel." Psalms 89:14

No comments: