Help me see with eyes of faith. Give me strength to run this race. i will go Lord, where Your glory is unknown, i will live for You alone. i will go because my life is not my own. i will go...

Friday, June 6, 2008

How Sweet to Fellowship with Family

My sweet parents are here in Colombia! What a blessing to be able to fellowship, relax and enjoy time together. We've spent time at the beach & pool, soaking up the sun (actually, it's an escape from the heat! My mom said she's NEVER been so hot before! haha!) What can I say, I live in a beautiful place, but also a place with hot temperatures & 90% humidity! My parents were excited to meet the sweet Colombian believers and IMB M's, and have enjoyed visiting the areas we work in. :) They have been able to visit the different areas I work at during the week, and meet the people we're teaching Chronological Bible Stories & Discipleship Materials to. We've also had a wonderful time visiting some of the "tourist" sites in my city and capturing the beautiful views through the camera lens. A Time of Refreshing...Please keep me in your prayers as I enter my busiest time of work, "Volunteer Season", where we will host MULTIPLE mission teams over the next 3 months. Please pray that this time with my family will be one of refreshing & rest, & that my time with my family & in the Word would strengthen me. I need this time with my sweet family & I'm so blessed they could come to be here with me! :) I'm enjoying every moment we have together! Here are some of our pictures so far....

Family inside the tunnels at Spanish Castle


Family Photo with the "upscale" part of my city in the background

Fish Dinner (teeth & eyes included!)
platanos (smashed/fried plantains) & oysters
How many people can you fit in 1 Toyota? *25-30 people!!!
House Church...outside with a group of displaced people
Thumbs Up for my Dad...kids from an area of displaced people

Group of Women & Children we are storying through the Bible with.
Thank You for your Prayers & Encouragment! :) Please pray for the displaced people in Colombia as the Lord opens their hearts to the gospel & changes lives!!

1 comment:

Chad & Amber said...

Thanks for posting the pictures! I wish we were there with you! How cute is your mom in her hat! Love yall!