Help me see with eyes of faith. Give me strength to run this race. i will go Lord, where Your glory is unknown, i will live for You alone. i will go because my life is not my own. i will go...

Monday, December 8, 2008

Strange ways to say "Happy Birthday"

So I'm being totally serious when I say that singing "Happy Birthday" and then cutting and eating the cake in a normal fashion is ALL I want to happen on my birthday!


For Colombians....it's just not good enough.



Since we recently celebrated birthdays for Brian, my supervisor, and Pedro, one of our Colombian ministry partner's...I decided I would bake them a cake and we'd have a little "celebration" at our weekly team meeting. Boy did I underestimate what they would do!


First they were asking me where the eggs and flour were....and I said, "what?" Ha...they wanted to throw eggs and flour on the birthday boys...and they were serious...and they wanted to do it in MY house! Haha....if you know me, you know that's not going to fly! I try to keep the place clean, not deliberately mess it up! So when I wouldn't give in to the eggs and flour...they just used the CAKE!


Before I knew what was happening...they had splattered icing all over Pedro and Brian...and then started coming at everyone else! I think I'm the only one that managed to escape the fiasco....but that might have had something to do with the look on my face when I told Jonathan he better think carefully before he came any further at me with that spatula of icing...


The Birthday Boys, getting splattered with icing
And now they start attacking other people....

Jon smearing across Mabel's face....

Mariella using the spatula for it's intended purpose....

Pedro...happy as can be to have been "iced"
Reminder for January: I just want to sing "Happy Birthday" and eat my cake...not wear it! :)

No comments: