Help me see with eyes of faith. Give me strength to run this race. i will go Lord, where Your glory is unknown, i will live for You alone. i will go because my life is not my own. i will go...

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy "Early" Thanksgiving


So there is no "Thanksgiving Day" in Latin America...but of course that didn't keep us from celebrating! Nor did the fact that we can't buy the essential items to make our favorite Thanksgiving dishes...but I have to give the credit to my wonderful family for this one!


I think the table looks pretty cute, don't you! ;)

Thanks to the very coordinated efforts of my parents (who brought all kinds of canned foods in June...yes, June! How sweet are they!) and my sweet Ebie who sent me a box of canned food, cute decorated paper plates and napkins, and best of all...she sent me fake FALL LEAVES! I absolutely LOVE the changing of the leaves in the mountains during Fall...and she knows my heart!
Thank you: Mom & Dad and Aunt Ebie! :) You gave me the ability to make some of my favorite dishes and enjoy a meal that at least "tasted" like home! :)


(Jon, Filipe, Alejandro, Caleb, Betsy, Me, Kimi...and Noemi is taking the picture)


We invited some of our wonderful Colombian friends to enjoy a Thanksgiving meal with us. We wanted to show them what the day is all about: The 3 F's.....Family, Food & Football...only we didn't have any football on TV...but we got 2 out of 3! :) haha!


The guys trying "a little bit of everything." Some of our food is really different from what they would ever eat, haha...but they were good sports, and actually enjoyed it!


Here was our menu:


  • Shredded Grilled Chicken in cream of mushroom soup (it actually tasted like turkey and gravy! I'm serious!) The only "turkey" we have is imported turkey deli meat, haha!

  • Green Bean Casserole

  • Corn Casserole

  • Mashed Potatoes

  • Stuffing

  • Mac & Cheese

  • Cheese Cake (Colombian style...but it turned out pretty good)

  • Brownies (The "fall back" dessert, in case the cheese cake bombed, haha!)

I can't complain! It was pretty great! I am super blessed to have been able to have such a wonderful Thanksgiving meal!


Corn Casserole...yummy!!!


Betsy, showing the plate full of goodness!!!

Caleb, Alejo, Jon & Felipe

Kimi, Betsy and I

Alejo, relaxing outside in the hammock.

Some of my "family in Christ."

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Make some wonderful memories on Thursday! :)

No comments: