Help me see with eyes of faith. Give me strength to run this race. i will go Lord, where Your glory is unknown, i will live for You alone. i will go because my life is not my own. i will go...

Thursday, November 13, 2008

October Blessings


These are my Thurs. afternoon friends. They live next to the traditional restaurant we eat at and are always waiting to come out and say hello!

These are two of the girls from one of our groups. Notice the baby doll in Maria's arms. Last week she brought me the baby doll and said (in Spanish), "Here ya go (placing the baby in my arms), Her name is Blanca (which means white) but she's a black baby," and then she started to crack up laughing. Oh the things kids say!

The Lord works in ways we can't always see. When we sit there wondering if anyone is "getting" it...if they are actually understanding His word...if His truth is seeping in deep into their soul...we can rest assured...He is at work! There are three new names in the book of life...and now they are also Baptized Believers! They chose to step out in obedience to God's word. It's not an easy decision for most people. There can be a lot of persecution, mostly verbal, but none the less, their Catholic relatives can make life pretty hard on them. Thankfully, these girls in particular come from families who have also just received Christ. Where two or more are gathered...I am there. God is with them and together they can make a stand for Christ in this dark world.


This is Moti & her daughter Yaemi (Jamie). They are one of the families who live "in the middle of no where" who we've been ministering to this year. We knew they had no money to purchase items for the new baby, so we wanted to give them some gifts. This turned out to be a lesson for me in giving a gift because I knew it was honoring to the Lord...but not actually being there to see the joy she got from it. I had put a lot of thought and effort into gathering baby gifts, wrapping them up, and making this cute poster and was planning a surprise baby shower....but then I forgot about the cultural differences I might encounter! While Yaemi was so surprised and genuinely thankful for what we had done...she didn't want to open her presents in front of us! (Not like any baby shower you've ever been to in the States, right! haha!) So I guess we'll just have to wait until the baby is born to actually see her wearing them! :) She's due in early November! Any day now!


We had the privilege of hosting a volunteer team at the end of October...Cartagena & Maria La Baja (haha...actually Mr. Carthage & Mrs. Mary) came to serve and minister along side our team! They came to hold a leadership workshop. Our Colombian team has been working on 12 characteristics that we felt leaders needed to have...so some of the vol. teams have taken on the job of writing & teaching some of the topics with us! Mr. Carthage taught on Patience, something we all need more of! :) This is him telling the story of Job. He did a great job! Everyone loved this sweet couple and we are so thankful for their desire to return and form a partnership with our Colombian Ministry! What a blessing!


This is another one of our Thursday a.m. Bible Study groups. As you can see....we have a lot of younin's that join this group! I just think about how blessed these kids are to be able to learn about the Bible at this young age. Please pray for them with me...that they would listen, be given a mind of understanding, and that they would come to know the Lord personally at this precious age so they can grow into men and women who love and serve the Father. (Mrs. Mary, volunteer, is pictured here with me, as is Anna, bottom left, one of our Colombian team members)

As always....Thank you for your prayers! :)

1 comment:

Florida Girl said...

I am so thankful that you keep this blog Sarah. Photos here are wonderful and they do mean something but sometimes I need to look at things that really mean the most for eternity. Just reading what that precious little girl said about her little doll "Blanca" just touches my heart and seeing you praise the Lord in the minimal circumstances you are living in makes me know how much you are needed there in the day to day things. There doesn't have to be a big Bible School or Revival going on to be serving--sometimes it's just hanging out with those kids that matters. I am mindful that I have those same opportunities here as well. I have two teens that live down the hall from me that need me to hang with them and there are countless other kids that I can impact in our church and community. It all kind of reminds me of something that Amber said to me recently. She said something like "Because God has not revealed His plan for us to have a family of our own yet, we are patiently waiting and praising God in the mean time that we get to spend time with other people's children and pour our love on them for now." Anyway-thanks for the reminder.