Help me see with eyes of faith. Give me strength to run this race. i will go Lord, where Your glory is unknown, i will live for You alone. i will go because my life is not my own. i will go...

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just to catch you up...

This may be the LONGEST post I have ever created! I have been so far behind on sending out an update and posting new pictures...so I just made a very detailed post with a little bit of everything, ranging from now (Feb) and going back to before Christmas '08! haha! I hope you enjoy the pictures! Thank you again for your encouragement, support and prayers! :) ~ Sarah

February 2009 ~ (What's new in my city!)

Update on Yolima and my 3 babies! They are all growing up so fast! Yolima has started attending church again and has helped gather a group of neighbors to listen to the Chronological Bible Storing set we have just begun. Please continue to pray that the Lord would draw her to himself, that she would seek after the Lord, and for protection and provision for Sebastian, Charry & Caleb Andres
Caleb Andres will be 4 months old this month...but he's wearing some 12 month old clothes! He is a GROWING boy! He's with sweet Yojanna in this picture.
Me and my kiddos! I love these kids so much!
I have started teaching some of the leaders in my house church how to use Chronological Bible Storying to start new house church/bible study groups in their community. We are on week 4 and I am so thankful to the Lord for the commitment I have seen in our leaders. Please keep them in your prayers!
Celebrating my birthday in my city with some friends...
Thanks Mom, for the cute presents and fun candles! :)
Bogota' - January 2009 ~ (True Love Waits & Sports Camp)
We were on a work trip in Bogota' on the actual day of my birthday...so we went to TGI Fridays!! I was so excited to eat "American" food...we even got chips and dip! :) But sad to say...this lovely sandwich woke me up at 5am, making me wish I NEVER ate it! yuck!

The cutest kid atop the mountain...Santiago! He looks like a little doll...BIG beautiful eyes, rosy cheeks, a smile that would brighten any one's day..and the cutest little voice! :)

Watching the Presidential Inauguration - Yes....even though we were in a small community atop a Mt in Colombia...it was on TV! Colombians LOVE Obama.

Check out the view! It took us 2 1/2 hrs (each way) to get to this community! Here are some of the kids in our group. They were getting ready to play soccer after a fun-filled True Love Waits workshop. ;)

haha...love this picture! It's not the best of me, but I love the concept of it! These little boys were my 2 shadows!



A picture with our host family from the mountain community. They were such a blessing to us that week....so generous and welcoming! We felt like we were with family! (But I have to say this...check out their expressions! This is not a fluke picture...I took 3 and they all look the same! Interesting, right!)

Love this picture. She was the quiet beauty in the group. She just needed some encouragement to break out of her shell! She was such a sweet little girl.
Playing "balloons in a bag" volleyball! The kids loved it! I think this turned out to be a great picture! Kimi, Mike and I with some of the kids from our workshop group. :) See that hill...it just goes up and up...and that's the way out!

Again...love this!

Pastor Jorge took this picture of me and Charon. She hardly ever smiled, but when she did...wow, how beautiful, right! :)
Maryland Team-Baseball Sports Camp (my city) Jan. 2009 ~

Teaching the kiddos how to play some baseball!

Isaac was cheering on the baseball teams! Check out his fro! :)

Me, chillin' with some of the kids.

Our favorite guys from MD...they really are a great team with hearts to serve!

Journeyman Friends Come to Visit (my city) Jan. 2009 ~

Mike, Anna & Sharon came to visit! I had such a fun time with you guys! :)

Christmas in Florida-Dec. 2008 ~

Right after Mom and Ebie picked me up from the airport...I was delirious, but so excited to be home! Ebie surprised me with an early Christmas gift "The 12 Gifts of Christmas" with one gift to open each day....and this was one of my favorites - "The Dragonfly" gift card to my favorite sushi restaurant!
The very first time I met Baby James! I fell in LOVE immediately! He is the most gorgeous baby I know! His Tia Sarah loves him so much!
I was babysitting James and trying to get him to take some medicine...haha...and this was the result! I don't think I got half of it in his mouth, lol, but he was just as happy as could be! haha!
The Sumner Family came to visit Auntie Sarah! This is my "adopted sister" Suzanne and her wonderful family! Thanks for coming to see me! :)
Making smores with the girls out at the fire pit. Lets see if Auntie Sarah can guess correctly...Rebecca (L), Kathryn (R) and of course...sweet Danielle! :)
My sweet "adopted brother" Mark also came to visit! I love cooking with Mark and having fun together. He's a great guy and a special part of our family!
Part of Mom's Christmas "wish list" was taking family photos...so we took a lot of them! This is out by Lake Alice...do you see any gators around!?!?
Enough serious pictures....we had to take a funny one, lol!
Caleb Andrew (my little "big" brother) This is a good one of us!
My Nana and Papa celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary! What a blessing to have spent so many years of marriage together! They are such a godly example! :)
Yeah...Having fun with Katie! One of my childhood friends...she is very dear to my heart! I loved spending time with you! It was too short! Can't wait to see you soon!
After Christmas, Ebie came back up to Gville with Travis (my cousin), his wife Krinki and the kids. Quincy Claire has such an amazing personality! She has you smiling and laughing all the time! I think she's doing her "ta da" in this picture! :) And of course, Asa Mac is a little heart breaker! He's so adorable!
This is after the EPIDEMIC hit the family! Everyone got the flu except for me! So I played nurse and baby entertainer for the weekend! Quincy and I were trying to pass the time by making funny faces and taking pictures of our silliness!
Another great family photo! :) Love you guys!
This is my brother and his sweet girlfriend, Esther! She is so great!
One of my complaints...I didn't have enough time with the Curtis Family! I miss you guys so much! Stacey...how did we manage not to go to The Dragonfly?!? We'll have to make it up when I get home! Love you kiddos-Amelia, Colby and Julia Anne!
This is my sweet cousin Dave. Thanks for being my chauffer! I loved spending that extra time with you! You are dearly loved and missed!
My best friends and family ~ Amber & Chad...and their sweet baby James!
The one who has stolen my heart...sweet baby James! I miss him so much!
I really enjoyed spending some extra time with Kathryn and Rachel! You girls are so special to me! The Lord has amazing plans for your lives! Again...can't get enough of my BFF Amber...she's my kindred spirit...a gift from the Lord!

DECEMBER 2008 ~
Making "pasteles" for Christmas with Mabel & Juliet. Our table was converted into a work space to make the delicious creations...they took ALL day to make!
I decided to make Christmas cookies for gifts...by the time I finished I had them coming out my ears...I believe the final count was close to 200!!!!

3 comments:

Kim C said...

fun pictures Sarah! Thanks for sharing! Yeah, you've been busy. No wonder you haven't posted! Blessings!

Megaloo said...

Glad to have an update!! :) Sorry I missed you when you were home, but I'm glad Glen got to come see you. Can't wait till you come home!

Matthew said...

Woohoo! I made it to the end! Wow - what great pictures and stories...that must have taken you a while to post huh?! Hope you are well!